2016 Anth’s Garden
$46 per bottle
If you spend over $500 you will join our Sovereign Club and be entitled to 10% off all purchases. More info
In February 2016 we selectively hand-picked our Chardonnay block in the Adelaide Hills, to make our first ever Chardonnay: Anth’s Garden Chardonnay. Under moonlight our team picked just under five tonnes of fruit, which was whole bunch pressed and only free run juice was used. One quarter of the juice went directly into old French barriques for full solids, wild fermentation, while the remainder was shared between a combination of old and new French oak barrels in varying sizes, in order to build complexity and texture in the wine. Citrus, stone fruit, apple and pear characters combine with struck flint, toasty complexity and a highly textured, beautifully soft mouthfeel, evidence of partial malo-lactic fermentation and time on lees.
Anth’s Garden is a tribute to one very special, whimsical, creative soul in our family. Share this wine with your loved ones and raise a glass to those who are no longer with us.
- Region:Adelaide Hills
- Harvested:28th February
- Drink to:2024
- 93 points (2016 VINTAGE) James Halliday, Australian Wine Companion 2018
- 4 1/2 Stars (2016 VINTAGE) Winestate Magazine
- 92 Points No. 1 Chardonnay from Souh Australia (2016 VINTAGE) The Real Review, Huon Hooke
- 91 Points (2016 VINTAGE) Campbell Mattinson, The Wine Front
- Silver (2016 VINTAGE) Boutique Wine Awards 2017